I convert your Photoshop design files and convert them into clean, hand-coded and SEO optimized, semantically correct markup.
Types of coding that I do:
- PSD to HTML/CSS
- PSD to WordPress
- HTML/CSS to WordPress
How Does a Design become a Website?
The typical life cycle of a web design project looks something like this:
- A website wireframe is created, hopefully by someone with good user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) knowledge;
- A website design mockup is created by a web designer;
- The final design mockup is coded into a combination of HTML and CSS files;
- A simple static website can be created using these HTML and CSS files;
- If the website is powered by a content management system (CMS) like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc., then the HTML/CSS files are converted into template files;
Is this still a thing?
Yes, people still need to convert website design mockups into usable HTML code or a working WordPress theme.
Here’s a screenshot of Google Trends data for these three search terms: PSD to HTML (blue), PSD to WordPress (red), HTML to WordPress (yellow).
The biggest interest for this type of services was between 2010 and 2016, the “gold rush” time for WordPress theme developers. There were many website designers transforming their non-WordPress designs into commercial themes, so coders had a lot of work.
Nowadays many website owners manage to avoid interacting with code, thanks to the wide variety of WordPress themes on the market, as well as visual builder plugins that allow people to build any kind of layouts without any actual code.
Nonetheless the code is there, no matter where it comes from. Software, a plugin or a real person, websites ARE code.
If the website is an important asset in your business, then it is usually best if a real person writes the HTML markup and CSS code specifically for your website.