ProWein 2023 in Düsseldorf, Germany: A Must-Attend Event for Wine Lovers and Industry Professionals
Welcome to the exciting world of ProWein! If you’re not already familiar with this international wine trade show, you’re in for a treat. ProWein is held every year in Düsseldorf, Germany, and it’s a must-attend event for anyone in the wine industry.
This year, ProWein 2023 is coming up fast, and I can’t wait to see what it has in store.
So, what is ProWein exactly? Simply put, it’s a trade show where wine professionals from around the world come together to taste, learn, and network. Whether you’re a winemaker, sommelier, retailer, or just a wine enthusiast, ProWein has something for you.
ProWein 2023 Düsseldorf – March 19-21
Mark your calendars, because ProWein 2023 is coming up fast! This year’s event will be held from March 19-21. Düsseldorf is a cosmopolitan city with a thriving art and culture scene, so it’s the perfect setting for ProWein.
It’s great to see ProWein back and stronger than ever after the pandemic break! The numbers for ProWein 2022 speak for themselves: with 5,724 exhibitors from 62 countries and over 38,000 trade visitors from 145 countries, it was a major industry event.
What to Expect at ProWein 2023
ProWein is always on top of the latest trends and topics in the wine industry, and this year is no different.
- At ProWein 2023, attendees can expect to see a focus on non-alcoholic beverages with the “World of Zero” in Hall 1, featuring national and international exhibitors and a tasting zone.
- The “same-but-different” trend show in Hall 7.0 will showcase craft spirits, craft beer, and cider.
- The “Urban Gastronomy Lounge” will offer workshops and guest speakers for food service professionals.
- The “Champagne Lounge” in Hall 9 will feature a central tasting zone and individual exhibitors.
- Hall 5 will focus on organic products and packaging and design.
- The ProWein Forums in Halls 13 and 10 will also be returning, with exhibitors presenting their highlights.
ProWein 2023 Ticket and Prices
As this trade fair is open to trade visitors only, a registration of each visitor in combination with a legitimation is required.
|1-day-ticket||50.00 €||50.00 €|
|1-day-ticket, reduced*||20.00 €||20.00 €|
|Season ticket||80.00 €||90.00 €|
|Season ticket, reduced*||38.00 €||38.00 €|
Visit the official ProWein Ticket Shop to claim your ticket.
ProWein 2023 Opening Hours
Opening hours for visitors:
Daily: 09:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
ProWein 2023 Photographer
Are you looking to capture high-quality images of your booth, brand and products at ProWein 2023? As a professional photographer with years of experience, I can provide you with stunning images that showcase your brand in the best light. Find out more about my trade fair photography.
Photos from previous ProWein events
I have been attending every ProWein since 2016. You can see some of my photos from previous years:
Trend Topics at ProWein 2023
Bag-in-Box and other packaging alternatives
The wine industry is undergoing a packaging revolution, and ProWein 2023 is the perfect place to learn about the latest trends.
With the rising cost of energy and a shortage of glass bottles due to the war in Ukraine, producers are looking for alternative packaging options that are more cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
In California, for example, winemakers are turning to bag-in-box packaging, which has a 84% lower carbon footprint and a 60% lower distribution footprint than glass bottles. It also keeps wine fresh longer and is more compact and lightweight.
Consumers are also more open to alternative packaging than ever before, and producers in Germany and Scandinavia are already using bag-in-box packaging. Other alternatives include stainless steel kegs, PET bottles, and cardboard packaging.
Whisky is growing in popularity
ProWein 2023 in Düsseldorf, Germany is a great place to learn more about the diverse world of whisky, with around 500 of the almost 6,000 exhibitors showcasing their spirits ranges, including almost 100 whisky suppliers.
The market for whisky is evolving, with new brands and distilleries popping up all over the world and a focus on targeting younger consumers with entry-level products and a more laid-back attitude towards how to enjoy whisky.
Distillers are also experimenting with different malt types, yeast types, and cask handling techniques to create new and diverse aromas in their whiskies.
The History of ProWein
ProWein has been around for more than 25 years, and it’s grown significantly since its inception. The first ProWein took place in 1994, and it featured just 321 exhibitors from 10 countries and had only 1,517 visitors.
Fast forward to today, and ProWein has become a global powerhouse, with more than 6,600 exhibitors from over 50 countries.
But ProWein isn’t just about size – it’s also about quality. Each year, the organizers of ProWein strive to bring together the best and brightest in the wine industry. They carefully curate the exhibitor list to ensure that attendees have access to the latest and greatest in wine.
What can you expect at ProWein? Here are just a few highlights:
- Tasting sessions: ProWein is all about tasting and discovering new wines, and this year’s event will be no different. Attendees will have the opportunity to taste wines from around the world, including everything from classic varietals to up-and-coming regions.
- Seminars and workshops: ProWein is also about learning and growing in the wine industry. This year, there will be a wide range of seminars and workshops covering everything from wine production to wine pairing.
- Networking opportunities: ProWein is the perfect place to make new connections and meet fellow wine professionals. From casual networking events to formal business meetings, there will be plenty of opportunities to connect with others in the industry.
- Product launches and demonstrations: ProWein is also a great place to see the latest and greatest in the wine industry. Many exhibitors will be showcasing their latest products and technologies, so attendees can get an up-close look at what’s new and exciting.
ProWein 2023 is shaping up to be an amazing event for anyone in the wine industry. From tasting sessions to seminars, networking opportunities to product launches, there is something for everyone at ProWein.
And even if you can’t attend in person, be sure to follow along online for updates and highlights from the event. ProWein is always a truly special and memorable experience, and this year is sure to be no different. I hope to see you there!
Be the first to leave a comment