Vikings and Knights (Wikinger & Ritter) at Kemnader See (Hafen Heveney) – Germany
During 15-18 June 2017 Heveney Harbor at Kemnader See was the host of a “Vikings & Knights” festival organized by Sündenfrei®. Battle reenactments, medieval-themed clothes, drinks and food.
Sündenfrei® organizes historical festivals, medieval spectacles, medieval markets, jousting tournaments, castle festivals, Christmas markets and similar corporate events throughout Central Europe. Time travel is our speciality.
We decided to spend our Sunday here.
Admission prices: 8 EUR for adults and 4 EUR for children older than 5 or 6.
2. Free archery target practice was available for children.
8. Tarot reading.
11. All the food was freshly made right there.
13. 3,5 EUR for a 0.3 beer, I think that’s a bit pricey.
16. Two “viking” boats were taking people on short boat rides on the lake.
18. A few craftsmen were nearby.
26. Many of the adults at these stalls had their children with them.
28. We decided to take a short walk around the lake, see what else is there.
30. Seven little ducks went swimming one day, over the hill and far away…
32. We got back to the festival for a juggler show.
34. It was entertaining, the children loved it, but the heat was unbearable.
This was the end of the show for us, as we couldn’t stand the heat any longer.
It was a fun event, but I felt that it was a little too commercial, which detracted a lot from my personal enjoyment. The prices for everything were a little exaggerated. 4,5 EUR for a cappuccino and almost 6 EUR for a 0.5 beer?
Nonetheless we had a good time.