A tasting of Moldova wine was organized on February 19th at the beautiful wine-restaurant Der Weinadvokat in Dortmund, Germany.
The event took place 30 days before the start of ProWein 2017. ProWein is the world’s leading trade fair for wine and spirits, the largest industry meeting for professionals from viticulture, production, trade and gastronomy.
These are the wines that were presented:
- Fume Blanc, a dry Sauvignon Blanc, from Fautor Winery, year of harvest 2015, with protected geographic indication “Valul lui Traian”.
- Vinohora year of harvest 2014, a limited edition of Purcari wines, a white dry blend, produced from the Moldovan grape variety Fetească Albă and the French variety Chardonnay.
- Individo year of harvest 2015, a white dry wine, from Chateau Vartely, produced from 2 white varieties with distinct aromas Riesling and Feteasca Regală (a Moldovan white grape variety).
- Merlot Rose, year of harvest 2015, from Fautor Winery, the only rose wine included in the tasting.
- Feteasca Neagră, year of harvest 2013, a red dry wine from Vinăria din Vale (a Moldovan red grape variety).
- Negre, year of harvest 2015, from Fautor Winery. A dry red wine, with a generous bouquet, full-bodied and velvety in taste, produced from 2 Moldovan red grape varieties Feteasca Neagră and Rară Neagră.
- 5 Elemente, year of harvest 2013, a complex and remarkable wine from Equinox, produced from 5 grape varieties: Shiraz, Rară Neagră, Carmenere, Cabernet Sauvignon and Malbec.
- Amaro de la Valea Perjei, year of harvest 2004. A limited edition from Acorex Wine, a demi-dry red wine, a blend from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Bastardo.