Personally for me, an amateur, it was quite difficult to judge these wines, the style and flavor varies too much from one to another, while the tannins and acidity make these wines very edgy.
These are the wines that we got to taste, in this specific order:
- BSI – Bodegas San Isidro – Numun Syrah 2013 (Spain)
- Lanz Vineyards Scenic Road 2012 Shiraz (Australia)
- Gulor 2012 Shiraz (Turkey)
- Equinox 2011 Shiraz (Moldova)
- Concha y Toro 2011 Shiraz (Chile)
- Chateau Vartely 2011 Syrah (Moldova)
- Romaneşti Anotimpuri 2010 Shiraz (Moldova)
- Cricova Oraşul Subteran Vintage 2009 Shiraz (Moldova)
Unfortunately the last 2 bottles were spoiled (oxidized), so the points they got dropped significantly.
And these were the results of the blind tasting:
- Gulor 2012 Shiraz (Turkey) with 88,8 points
- Numun Syrah 2013 (Spain) with 87,9 points
- Lanz Vineyards Scenic Road 2012 Shiraz (Australia) with 86,6 points