Wine of Moldova. A Legend Alive. Mise en Bouche at Carpe Diem
During 22-27th of September 2014 I will be part of a team that goes on a mission to discover the legends surrounding Moldovan wine, hence the A Legend Alive name.
During these 6 days we will visit some of the wineries from Moldova, including new and undiscovered ones.
The team will be made up by 12 bloggers and journalists. Here they are, in no specific order:
- Savva Tatiana http://taniasavva.blogspot.com/
- Moroșanu Ina http://choopachoops.wordpress.com/
- Terente Ronin http://parazitulproletar.wordpress.com/
- Matvievici Svetlana http://www.orheianca.eu/
- Ciutac Lia http://liaciutac.blogspot.com/
- Braga Elena http://elenabraga.ml/
- Gabriela Onofriciuc http://madein.md/
- Andrei Baștannik http://bashtannik.livejournal.com/
- Sîrbu Ana http://unimedia.info/
- Gherciu Ana http://timpul.md/
- Brînzan Dumitru https://www.brinzan.com/
- Nicolae Apostu http://www.nicolaeapostu.com/
On 19th of September there was a Mise en Bouche event at the lovely Carpe Diem Wine Shop & Bar, where we got the chance to get to know each other a little better before the start of the journey.
The event is organized and sponsored by USAID CEED II, in collaboration with Oficiul Naţional al Viei şi Vinului (ONVV).
This evening we had the chance to taste 5 wines:
- 2013 Riesling from Vinăria Nobilă.
- 2011 Chardonnay from Molda.
- 2013 Merlot Rose from Vinăria Nobilă, an incredible rose wine that left me speechless, so I made sure to bring a bottle back home.
- 2011 Merlot from Molda.
- 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon from Vinăria Nobilă.